Friday, September 17, 2010

This is Not a Test

This might be the incoherent post and then maybe tomorrow or sometime soon I can write an articulate one.

I AM OBSESSED WITH KEVIN ADAMS. It feels like the beginning of a relationship when you first start seriously dating someone and you want to be with them all the time. I want to be looking at Kevin Adams' lighting all the time. And I want to learn how to do that, how to be that visionary. He controls my breathing and my heartbeat when I'm watching a show he designed. Unfortunately for performers sometimes, his lighting is far more interesting than anything else happening on stage. I said to a teacher of mine, maybe he's too good.

But really, this man understands color and color in light and light in rhythm in a way I have not seen anyone else do. (In the Heights comes close during 96,000, but that's it.) I started looking at his website tonight and couldn't stop. I just wanted to find contact information, but instead I spent an hour and a half drooling and squealing and gasping over the photos on his site. There is no contact information to be found, by the way.

But how can you not be inspired by this:

No comments: