There are no words to express just how excited I am to be home.
I took a bus from La Guardia to Manhattan (to catch another bus downtown) and even walking through Harlem lugging a suitcase I was excited for city air and the feeling that only Manhattan has. Spotted the Chrysler building somewhere in the 60s. Joel met me outside Gramercy where the bus dropped me off. Spent time with Joel. Baked brownies with Annalie and Emily. Procrastinated in Kayla's room. Finally got some homework done. Good day.
I realized walking through Midway today that Chicago will always be my hometown. But God, I love New York more than any place else in the world, I think, as the place I need to spend my life. And God bless the universe for keeping Joel and Colleen here with me. I think as long as I've got them, I can handle whatever this ridiculous semester is going to throw at me. Let's go, PHTS second year. It's time.

No comments:
Post a Comment