Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shut Up and Let Me Go

Blaaah. I spent the day reading, running errands, and trying to find a paid theatre internship. Chicago theatres seem to not pay, and theatres in New York pay, but not enough for me to be able to live there and actually make any money. And I need a job this summer to make some real money. It's been quite a while since I've had a real job, and living in New York is not cheap. Ergh. Working at NYTW would be amazing, but I don't know where I can live... I can't really think about that anymore today.

I feel kind of silly. Tonight I was finishing up watching the final season of Felicity with my mom, and it's been a little weird because the last time we were watching Felicity, I wasn't even in college yet. So it's just been more of a reminder about time passing. And I'm always working on getting used to things happening. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and so on.

But the crazy thing was due to the way the episodes worked out, the season was made to end with episode 17, but then they were given 5 more episodes. So what the writers did was have Felicity go back in time and redo the year, basically, trying to get what she wanted. Okay so fine, whatever, it's not great story telling, but sure. I was fine, until right near the end. And then some of the things that one of the characters was saying hit me. And it had nothing to do with college. But he said something like, "I know what I did is impossible to forgive. But somehow, I need you to forgive me. Because I don't want to live my life without you in it."

Oh hi, Jack. Welcome back. It's been a while. Kinda thought maybe that was over. But alas. 2 years and 7 months later, the monster rears his head. Not sure how to deal with that, I'm glad I know that's back in play before I get back to the stress of school. (Not that there isn't some of that here, with homework and housing and whatever.) Yet at the same time I miss Joel and Colleen and my teachers and classes, and I cannot WAIT to get back to NYC.

I need the city. Five days.

No comments: