Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mr. November (I Won't Fuck Us Over)

Oh hello, November! In fact, we are on the crest of December. It is not terribly surprising that I haven't written since about a week before productions began, aka since I went into constant rehearsals and tech processes for the remainder of the semester.

Things I probably would have written about, were there 36 hours in the day instead of 24 (and 25 that one day when daylight savings time ended, but I drank away that hour):

  • Lighting Will's show (sub category: dealing with apathy)
  • Halloween (sub category: I'm dating someone?)
  • Lighting Dan's show (sub category: WTF I BLEW UP THE WHITEBOX)
  • New relationships
  • Roommates
  • Directing a play (sub category: goldfish other sub category: being an artist)
  • A certain lighting designer I'm absolutely obsessed with who bought me dinner two weeks ago
  • HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS (sub category: my childhood and lots of complicated things about growing up in the Potter generation - this would probably have been several lengthy posts)
  • Church and more church
  • Thanksgiving
  • Chicago (sub category: going home)
  • Starting a theatre company
I returned to the NYC from Chicago this morning - my flight was at 6:45 so I've been up for almost 14 hours now, and it's not even 7 pm, and I lost an hour coming here. I spent the day once I got here taking care of my miraculously-still-alive goldfish, unpacking, cleaning the entire apartment compulsively, and building sound cues for one of the shows I load in tomorrow. It's nice to be settled back in and still have a day before classes start (even if that day will be 14 hours of running back and forth between Tisch and Playwrights).

There will at least be a blog or two soon with pictures of the shows I designed and my show (thus also encompassing things about lighting design and that designer I like). And there will absolutely be a blog about Harry Potter. Isn't there always?

No comments: