Things get difficult, and then they get better. But they've never, I don't think, gotten this good all at once before. Last semester, as things were shaping up and I found myself in a non-long-distance relationship for pretty much the first time ever, I was happy, but kept thinking about how I wanted to be in a show. I literally thought, multiple times, "If I were just in a show, everything in my life would be going right." Well, yesterday, to my greatest delight, I was cast in Colleen's show, The Maker of Dreams as part of her still-in-the-idea-stages group of people who are going to create a soundscape for the piece. I think of us as the audible set, the air of the space embodied. (Right now Colleen/I is/am referring to us as the vocal ensemble, but that's not really correct.)
So. I'm at NYU. I'm in theatre school. I live in New York. I have an incredible genius artist searcher best friend. I've got a stable, nurturing, fulfilling relationship. I've got a relationship to a church. I'm in classes that are allowing me to explore love and sensuality and faith, and generally my understanding of the universe. I've got art. I've got a show to be in. I've got everything I wanted college to be ever since I entered high school and probably before that. I think I knew, subconsciously, probably by elementary school that college was where I wanted to be. And I was right.
To days of inspiration
Playing hooky
Making something out of nothing
The need to express, to communicate
To going against the grain
Going insane, going mad...
In the best possible way.

1 comment:
I got life! Life! Life! Life! Life! Liiiiiii-IIIIIIIIIIIFE!
I changed it to "vocal quintet" for the emails.
Post a Comment