Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Break Away

It's spring break; the most joyful time of the year for most college students. Of course, I am not most college students. I don't even go to college; I go to art school. And I happen to like art school a lot more than pretty much anyone I know. I stood in Playwrights trying not to cry (and failing pretty miserably) for a good half an hour before I left for winter break later that day back in December. If I recall, the same thing happened after All School in May (though this time I was in the Great Hall of Cooper Square instead). That place just feels more like home than any other building ever has, and I have so much family there. Right now I'm grateful for the break from so much work and stress and having to run around all day and meet with people at 11 pm and getting home after midnight - not from parties but from school. But I'm not looking forward to summer. I don't want to spend another three and a half months away from Playwrights, the city, my best friends. Sure, nobody wants to be away from their friends, and my friends probably don't want to be away from NYC either, but I think most people are happy to have so much time off from school.

But anyway, that's still two months away. Ish. Right now I'm home for spring break, sleeping more in two nights than I sleep in a week sometimes at school, playing with my dog, watching movies, reading, doing a bit of nothing, really, which is nice for a short time.

I'm not interested in this post turning into a whine-fest so I'm going to stop here for now, as I'm watching The Matrix and should probably pay attention, so I can't write about the more complicated things I've been thinking about.

No comments: