Wow... what was the last ten days?
It was mostly a fight with my mom and tech for Maker of Dreams and Maker of Dreams and Spring Awakening rehearsal. I didn't sleep in my room for five days straight. God bless Joel living so close to studio.
This was a looong stressful week. I've been too depressed to even write about how I feel. There was very little time in the last seven days when I didn't feel like I was either going to vomit or cry. I'm still trying to figure out how to have a relationship with my mother that makes us both happy, or at least that doesn't end up with us fighting for a week every month. We resolved things again today, but I still feel like something is wrong. I've been very withdrawn from people this week, and things never go well when I do that.
Maker of Dreams was fantastic. I got to play a character that was so joyous, and I don't think I've ever played someone with so much joy. Well, I was cast as someone who committed suicide in the first three shows I was in, so... But this was my NYU stage debut, and it was amazing. I could gush about Colleen and mushrooms and tea kettles for 20 minutes, but that would only be self-indulgent at this point.
I should get some sleep. That hasn't happened much lately. I'm in my room, and I get to sleep in my bed, though alone. Gotta get up early and finish a model box.
Why is it that sometimes the life of an artist is intensely social, and other times intensely lonely? There is no in between. Whyyy.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment