Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Embarrassment

I still can't spell embarrassment correctly on the first try. It's always missing a letter. Anyway.

Anne Bogart (I want to spell her last name with two g's so badly.) is a genius goddess.

Here I am, trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life, or even just my play (I guess they're really the same thing), and in waltzes Anne with all the answers and understandings.

When you grapple with something that is just out of your reach, you find yourself entangled in something that you haven't yet mastered.
Also,
If I adopt the attitude that the project is an adventure larger than anything I might imagine, an entity that will challenge me to find an instinctual path through it, the project will be allowed its proper magnitude.
 Oh and,
A director cannot hide from an audience because intentions are always visible, palpable... You must have a reason to do what it is you do because these reasons are felt by anyone who comes in contact with your work. It matters how you treat people, how you take responsibility in a crisis, what values you develop, your politics, what you read, how you speak and even which words you choose.
There are several more. But I shall temper myself with that for now, because I now need to figure out what I'm doing in my rehearsal for class tomorrow... Lalala can't I just do my play? (Also, can it be set in the 80's? I mean, it kind of can. And I kind of want to kind of set it in an anachronistic 80s. Yeah? Okay.)

No comments: